Success! 7/13/2010

Success!  7/13/2010
Europe to Africa.

Monday, February 22, 2010

WEEK 20

Not off to a good start. I stayed home from work today trying to get over this cold. I have a wicked cough and no energy. I have stayed out of the water for four days. I plan to work tomorrow but wait one more day before going back to the pool. Sunday was the first time ever that I skipped a swim at the Club. Hard for me to swallow, but I couldn't imagine getting up at 4:30 to jump into cold water for over an hour.
I'll be back next weekend. Everyone has been very clear that an extra day off will make my recovery that much faster. Last week I was feeling a bit down and put some of my worries out on the English Channel Chat room. The response was over whelming. I received so much support and advice. It will take me a while to digest it all. But I feel so much better knowing that so many people are pulling for me to succeed.
The recommendations seem to generally be: vitamins, more sleep, better nutrition, more variety of training, cross training, and massage!
This all sounds reasonable and possible. I have made an appointment to meet with a "trainer/nutritionist" who I can workout with twice a week (with weights) and get nutrition guidance as well. I will see if I can afford her services for the next 5 months. I think it will be more bang for my buck that joining a gym and getting a trainer there. I think I will also visit the doctor and get blood work done since several people suggested "anemia". I don't run to such issues, but how stupid if I didn't check it out. I have had this cough on and off for over four weeks...
The massage sounds lovely. I need to find someone who will be therapudic as well as pleasant.
All good advice, now if I could just get back to it!
More soon...I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment


The Gibraltar Straits